1. Concerning; with regard to; on account of. 2. On all sides; around. 3. In circuit; circularly; by a circuitous way; around the outside. 4. Here and there; around; in one place and another. 5. On the point or verge of; going; in act of. 6. In concern with; engaged in; intent on. 7. In the immediate neighborhood of; in contiguity or proximity to; near, as to place; by or on (one's person). 8. Over or upon different parts of; through or over in various directions; here and there in; to and fro in; throughout. 9. (Discuss() this sense) Near; not far from; -- determining approximately time, size, quantity. 10. Nearly; approximately; with close correspondence, in quality, manner, degree, etc.
1. A state of being absent or withdrawn from a place or from companionship; -- opposed to presence. 2. Inattention to things present; abstraction (of mind); as, absence of mind. 3. Want; lack; destitution; withdrawal. 4. (as defined by Murphy) An area of an abstract architecture which is not implemented in the concrete system. 5. Iba (ibaten) Agwdhal. 6. the temporary unavailability of an employee to report to work. 7. FranÃ§ais : ABSENCE Deutsch : ABWESENHEIT An actual absence of an EMPLOYEE from work on a particular CALENDAR DAY for a specified time. 8. Français : ABSENCE Deutsch : ABWESENHEIT An actual absence of an EMPLOYEE from work on a particular CALENDAR DAY for a specified time. 9. missingness. 10. absans.
1. the ultimate basis of reality. 2. that which is totally unconditioned, unrestricted, pure, perfect, or complete. 3. Pure; unmixed; as, absolute alcohol. 4. Not immediately dependent on the other parts of the sentence in government; as, the case absolute. (See ablative absolute.). 5. That which is independent of context-dependent interpretation, inviolate, fundamental. 6. Authoritative; peremptory. 7. Capable of being thought or conceived by itself alone; unconditioned; non-relative. 8. Loosed from any limitation or condition; uncontrolled; unrestricted; unconditional; as, absolute authority, monarchy, sovereignty, an absolute promise or command. 9. Complete in itself; perfect; consummate; faultless. 10. Viewed apart from modifying influences or without comparison with other objects; actual; real; — opposed to relative and comparative; as, absolute motion; absolute time or space.
1. Yes; certainly; expression indicating strong agreement. 2. Utterly, positively, wholly. 3. In an absolute, independent, or unconditional manner. 4. With absolution. 5. emphasis Some people say absolutely as an emphatic way of saying yes or of agreeing with someone. They say absolutely not as an emphatic way of saying no or of disagreeing with someone. `It's worrying, isn't it?' --- `Absolutely.'. 6. emphasis Absolutely means totally and completely. Jill is absolutely right I absolutely refuse to get married There is absolutely no difference!. 7. independently; without limits; without relation to anything else; unconditionally; definitely; completely. 8. completely and without qualification; used informally as intensifiers; "an absolutely magnificent painting"; "a perfectly idiotic idea"; "you're perfectly right"; "utterly miserable"; "you can be dead sure of my innocence"; "was dead tired";"dead right. 9. totally and definitely; without question; "we are absolutely opposed to the idea"; "he forced himself to lie absolutely still"; "iron is absolutely necessary". 10. In an absolute, independent, or unconditional manner; wholly; positively.
1. To engross or engage wholly; to occupy fully; as, absorbed in study or in the pursuit of wealth. 2. To learn. 3. To suck up; to drink in; to imbibe; as a sponge or as the lacteals of the body. 4. To include so that it no longer has separate existence; to swallow up; to engulf; to overwhelm; to cause to disappear as if by swallowing up; to use up; to incorporate; to assimilate. 5. To consume completely. 6. To assume or pay for as part of a commercial transaction. 7. To endure. 8. To take up by chemical or physical action. 9. Take in, combine into itself or oneself. 10. The process by which a liquid penetrates the solid structure of the absorbent's fibers or particles, which then swell in size to accommodate the liquid.
1. Expressions in general; speech. 2. Stress laid on certain syllables of a verse. 3. A regularly recurring stress upon the tone to mark the beginning, and, more feebly, the third part of the measure. 4. A special emphasis of a tone, even in the weaker part of the measure. 5. A word; a significant tone or sound. 6. A nonstandard way of pronouncing. 7. Figuratively, emphasis or importance in general. 8. A mark or character used in writing, in order to indicate the place of the spoken accent, or to indicate the nature or quality of the vowel marked. 9. Modulation of the voice in speaking; the manner of speaking or pronouncing; a peculiar or characteristic modification of the voice, expressing emotion; tone. 10. The rhythmical accent, which marks phrases and sections of a period.
1. An international agreement. 2. An agreement between parties in controversy, by which satisfaction for an injury is stipulated, and which, when executed, prevents a lawsuit. 3. Agreement or harmony of things in general. 4. To make to agree or correspond; to suit one thing to another; to adjust. 5. To bring (people) to an agreement; to reconcile, settle, adjust or harmonize. 6. To grant as suitable or proper; to concede or award. 7. To agree in pitch and tone. 8. To agree or correspond; to be in harmony. 9. A harmony in sound, pitch and tone; concord. 10. Agreement or concurrence of opinion, will, or action.
1. Present participle of accord. 2. Accordingly; correspondingly. 3. Agreeing; in agreement or harmony; harmonious. 4. (followed by `to') in agreement with or accordant with; "according to instructions". 5. by; like, as; in agreement with. 6. (followed by `to') as reported or stated by; "according to historians" (followed by `to') in agreement with or accordant with; "according to instructions. 7. (followed by `to') as reported or stated by; "according to historians". 8. (followed by `to') in agreement with or accordant with; "according to instructions. 9. To make to agree or correspond; to suit one thing to another; to adjust. 10. To bring (people) to an agreement; to reconcile, settle, adjust or harmonize.
1. plural of accoutrement. 2. Dress; trappings; equipment; specifically, the devices and equipments worn by soldiers. 3. trappings; equipment required for a particular activity or specific way of life. 4. the equipment needed for a particular activity or way of life. 5. an accessory. 6. apparatus needed for a task or journey. 7. military equipment other than weapons and uniform. 8. trappings. 9. ac·cou·tre·ment accoutrements in AM, also use accouterment Accoutrements are all the things you have with you when you travel or when you take part in a particular activity. = paraphernalia. 10. clothing, equipment; soldier's equipment.
1. American Cinema Editors, or designating a member of this society. 2. angiotensin converting enzyme. 3. air combat element. 4. analysis and control element. 5. American Council on Education. 6. aviation combat element. 7. A male given name. 8. A common nickname suggesting skill, particularly among airplane pilots. 9. The best pitcher on the team. 10. A run.