1. Concerning; with regard to; on account of. 2. On all sides; around. 3. In circuit; circularly; by a circuitous way; around the outside. 4. Here and there; around; in one place and another. 5. On the point or verge of; going; in act of. 6. In concern with; engaged in; intent on. 7. In the immediate neighborhood of; in contiguity or proximity to; near, as to place; by or on (one's person). 8. Over or upon different parts of; through or over in various directions; here and there in; to and fro in; throughout. 9. (Discuss() this sense) Near; not far from; -- determining approximately time, size, quantity. 10. Nearly; approximately; with close correspondence, in quality, manner, degree, etc.
1. Higher in rank or power. 2. Earlier in order; higher in the same page; hence, in a foregoing page. 3. Surpassing in number or quantity; more than; as, above a hundred. (Passing into the adverbial sense; see adverb #4 below.). 4. Above is often used elliptically as an adjective by omitting the word said, mentioned, quoted, or the like: . 5. In a higher place; overhead; into or from heaven. 6. Above is often used further elliptically as a noun by omitting the noun, where it is should be clear what is omitted. 7. In or to a higher place; higher than; on or over the upper surface; over; — opposed to below or beneath. 8. Figuratively, higher than; superior to in any respect; surpassing; beyond; higher in measure or degree than; as, things above comprehension; above mean actions; conduct above reproach. 9. in or to a place that is higher. 10. If something is above something else it is in a higher position, or directly over it ("The flat above ours is very noisy").
1. In act or in fact; really; in truth; positively. 2. at the present moment; "the transmission screen shows the picture that is actually on the air". 3. Actively. 4. used to imply that one would expect the fact to be the opposite of that stated; surprisingly; "you may actually be doing the right thing by walking out"; "she actually spoke Latin"; "they thought they made the rules but in reality they were only puppets"; "people who seem stand-offish are in reality often simply nervous". 5. politeness You can use actually when you are politely expressing an opinion that other people might not have expected from you. `Do you think it's a good idea to socialize with one's patients?' --- `Actually, I do, I think it's a great idea.'. 6. emphasis You use actually to indicate that a situation exists or happened, or to emphasize that it is true. One afternoon, I grew bored and actually fell asleep for a few minutes Interest is only payable on the amount actually borrowed. 7. in fact, practically; truthfully. 8. emphasis You use actually when you are correcting or contradicting someone. No, I'm not a student. I'm a doctor, actually `So it's not a family show then?' --- `Well, actually, I think that's exactly what it is.'. 9. You use actually to introduce a new topic into a conversation. Well actually, John, I rang you for some advice. 10. as a sentence modifier to add slight emphasis; "actually, we all help clear up after a meal"; "actually, I haven't seen the film"; "I'm not all that surprised actually"; "she hasn't proved to be too satisfactory, actually".
1. To direct speech. 2. To aim; to direct. 3. To prepare one's self. 4. To prepare one's self; to apply one's skill or energies (to some object); to betake. 5. To clothe or array; to dress. 6. An Internet address; URL. 7. To prepare or make ready. 8. street location. 9. Act of addressing one's self to a person; a discourse or speech. 10. Direction or superscription of a letter, or the name, title, and place of residence of the person addressed.
1. An advance of money or value; payment in advance. 2. The act of advancing, or the state of being advanced; progression; improvement; furtherance; promotion to a higher place or dignity; as, the advancement of learning. 3. Property given, usually by a parent to a child, in advance of a future distribution. 4. A payment or distribution to a beneficiary of a part of his/her share of capital before the time fixed for his/her attainment of an absolute interest in possession. 5. A ceremony where a girl "advances" to the next level, i e : Sparks to Brownies, Brownies to Guides, etc. 6. An amount of funds or other type of assets is given to a potential heir during the lifetime of that person, intended as an advance against future heir's share of the estate. 7. a gift given to a living child in anticipation of inheritance. 8. In a legal sense, a gift made during lifetime by one who dies without a will The advancement must be taken into account as a reduction of the share of inheritance. 9. PeopleSoft application not purchased by University of Houston System The BSR Advance CS product is being utilized by the University of Houston. 10. encouragement of the progress or growth or acceptance of something.
1. Simple past tense and past participle of advise. 2. Informed, appraised or made aware. 3. Considered or thought out; resulting from deliberation. 4. thought-out, considered; informed. 5. having the benefit of careful prior consideration or counsel; "a well-advised delay in carrying out the plan". 6. past of advise. 7. having received information; "be kept advised. 8. having received information; "be kept advised". 9. TBA. 10. To look at, watch; to see.
1. in allusion to, in imitation of; following or referencing. 2. as a result of. 3. in spite of. 4. in pursuit of, seeking. 5. behind. 6. Behind; later in time; following. 7. subsequently to; following in time; later than. 8. Signifies that the action of the clause it starts takes place before the action of the other clause. 9. next in importance or rank. 10. Later; subsequent.
1. Used metalinguistically, with the repetition being in the discussion, or in the linguistic or pragmatic context of the discussion, rather than in the subject of discussion. 2. Over and above a factor of one. 3. In return, as a reciprocal action; back. 4. Another time; once more. 5. Against. 6. Back (to a former place or state). 7. Back in the reverse direction, or to an original starting point. 8. Ik. 9. ad another time; as before. 10. Mantra which is used to acknowledge the repetitiveness of life and love Originally cut from the Morrissey song "I'd Love To ".
1. In competition with. 2. In exchange for. 3. As counterbalance to. 4. As protection from. 5. As a charge on. 6. In contrast and/or comparison with. 7. In physical opposition to, or in collision with. 8. In a contrary direction to. 9. Close to. 10. In front of; before a background.
1. Formal use of the word age, indicating the name of a specific era. 2. The time of life at which some particular power or capacity is understood to become vested. 3. A great period in the history of the Earth. 4. Mature age; especially, the time of life at which one attains full personal rights and capacities. 5. One of the stages of life; as, the age of infancy, of youth, etc. 6. That part of the duration of a being or a thing which is between its beginning and any given time. 7. The latter part of life; an advanced period of life, eld; seniority; state of being old. 8. A century; the period of one hundred years. 9. The people who live at a particular period. 10. To categorize by age.