1. Expression of amazement or surprise or enthusiasm. 2. To express understanding. 3. Indication of mouth being opened wide. 4. The exclamation aah. 5. To say or exclaim aah. 6. Indication of sympathy. 7. To express joy or pleasure, especially by the interjection aah. 8. To express amazement or surprise or enthusiasm, especially by the interjection aah. 9. Expression of joy and/or pleasure. 10. Indication of joyful pleasure.
1. On board of; as, to go aboard a ship. 2. on base. 3. Alongside. 4. On board; into or within a ship or boat; hence, into or within a railway car. 5. Across; athwart. 6. (A*board") adv [Pref a- on, in + board ]. 7. on first or second or third base; "Their second homer with Bob Allison aboard" on a ship, train, plane or other vehicle part of a group; "Bill's been aboard for three years now" side by side; "anchored close aboard another ship. 8. On or in a ship. 9. On, in, or into a boat. 10. on a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
1. An event involving the abort of a process. 2. The function used to abort a process. 3. The product of a miscarriage; an aborted offspring; an abortion. 4. An early termination of a mission. 5. To miscarry; to bring forth something prematurely. 6. To terminate a mission for any reason other than enemy action. It may occur at any point after the beginning of the mission and prior to its completion. 7. To terminate a process prior to completion. 8. To cause a premature termination whether of a foetus or more generally of anything that has been begun. 9. A miscarriage; an untimely birth; an abortion. 10. To become checked in normal development, so as either to remain rudimentary or shrink away wholly; to become sterile.
1. Concerning; with regard to; on account of. 2. On all sides; around. 3. In circuit; circularly; by a circuitous way; around the outside. 4. Here and there; around; in one place and another. 5. On the point or verge of; going; in act of. 6. In concern with; engaged in; intent on. 7. In the immediate neighborhood of; in contiguity or proximity to; near, as to place; by or on (one's person). 8. Over or upon different parts of; through or over in various directions; here and there in; to and fro in; throughout. 9. (Discuss() this sense) Near; not far from; -- determining approximately time, size, quantity. 10. Nearly; approximately; with close correspondence, in quality, manner, degree, etc.
1. Higher in rank or power. 2. Earlier in order; higher in the same page; hence, in a foregoing page. 3. Surpassing in number or quantity; more than; as, above a hundred. (Passing into the adverbial sense; see adverb #4 below.). 4. Above is often used elliptically as an adjective by omitting the word said, mentioned, quoted, or the like: . 5. In a higher place; overhead; into or from heaven. 6. Above is often used further elliptically as a noun by omitting the noun, where it is should be clear what is omitted. 7. In or to a higher place; higher than; on or over the upper surface; over; — opposed to below or beneath. 8. Figuratively, higher than; superior to in any respect; surpassing; beyond; higher in measure or degree than; as, things above comprehension; above mean actions; conduct above reproach. 9. in or to a place that is higher. 10. If something is above something else it is in a higher position, or directly over it ("The flat above ours is very noisy").
1. A state of being absent or withdrawn from a place or from companionship; -- opposed to presence. 2. Inattention to things present; abstraction (of mind); as, absence of mind. 3. Want; lack; destitution; withdrawal. 4. (as defined by Murphy) An area of an abstract architecture which is not implemented in the concrete system. 5. Iba (ibaten) Agwdhal. 6. the temporary unavailability of an employee to report to work. 7. FranÃ§ais : ABSENCE Deutsch : ABWESENHEIT An actual absence of an EMPLOYEE from work on a particular CALENDAR DAY for a specified time. 8. Français : ABSENCE Deutsch : ABWESENHEIT An actual absence of an EMPLOYEE from work on a particular CALENDAR DAY for a specified time. 9. missingness. 10. absans.
1. Yes; certainly; expression indicating strong agreement. 2. Utterly, positively, wholly. 3. In an absolute, independent, or unconditional manner. 4. With absolution. 5. emphasis Some people say absolutely as an emphatic way of saying yes or of agreeing with someone. They say absolutely not as an emphatic way of saying no or of disagreeing with someone. `It's worrying, isn't it?' --- `Absolutely.'. 6. emphasis Absolutely means totally and completely. Jill is absolutely right I absolutely refuse to get married There is absolutely no difference!. 7. independently; without limits; without relation to anything else; unconditionally; definitely; completely. 8. completely and without qualification; used informally as intensifiers; "an absolutely magnificent painting"; "a perfectly idiotic idea"; "you're perfectly right"; "utterly miserable"; "you can be dead sure of my innocence"; "was dead tired";"dead right. 9. totally and definitely; without question; "we are absolutely opposed to the idea"; "he forced himself to lie absolutely still"; "iron is absolutely necessary". 10. In an absolute, independent, or unconditional manner; wholly; positively.
1. Deliberately refrain from casting one's vote at a meeting where one is present. 2. Hinder; withhold. 3. To shun voluntarily. 4. Refrain from (something); hold one's self aloof; to forbear or keep from doing, especially an indulgence of the passions or appetites; -- with from. 5. To hold one's self aloof; to forbear or refrain voluntarily, and especially from an indulgence of the passions or appetites; with from. 6. to refrain from casting a "yes" or "no" vote. 7. French for "so sorry, I wasn't paying attention ". 8. abstrenn. 9. avoid; refrain from. 10. If you abstain from something, usually something you want to do, you deliberately do not do it. Abstain from sex or use condoms Do you drink alcohol, smoke, or abstain?.
1. The practice of self-denial by depriving one's self (partly or totally) of certain kinds of food or drink, especially meat. 2. Specifically, the practice of abstaining from sexual intercourse, either permanently or until marriage. 3. Specifically, the practice of abstaining from intoxicating/alcoholic beverages (also called total abstinence, teetotalism). 4. The act or practice of abstaining, refraining from indulging a desire. 5. the trait of abstaining (especially from alcohol). 6. Discontinuance and avoidance of further use of a drug. 7. abrosia. 8. abstinency. 9. The giving up of something important, such as food or recreation, in remembrance of God's gift to his people For example, giving up of meat on Fridays during Lent. 10. (Gr Nisteia) A penitential practice consisting of voluntary deprivation of certain foods for religious reasons In the Orthodox Church, days of abstinence are observed on Wednesdays and Fridays, or other specific periods, such as the Great Lent (see fasting).
1. One who abstains. 2. Refraining from indulgence, especially from the indulgence of appetite; abstemious; continent; temperate. - Beaumont and Fletcher. 3. One of a sect who appeared in France and Spain in the 3d century. 4. self-restraining; not indulging an appetite especially for food or drink; "not totally abstinent but abstemious". 5. a person who refrains from drinking intoxicating beverages. 6. Ecclesiastical History: One of a sect who appeared in France and Spain in the 3d century. 7. Refraining from indulgence, especially from the indulgence of appetite; abstemious; continent; temperate. 8. characterized by self-denial, characterized by forbearance and self-restraint. 9. self-restraining; not indulging an appetite especially for food or drink; "not totally abstinent but abstemious. 10. With abstinence.