1. Concerning; with regard to; on account of. 2. On all sides; around. 3. In circuit; circularly; by a circuitous way; around the outside. 4. Here and there; around; in one place and another. 5. On the point or verge of; going; in act of. 6. In concern with; engaged in; intent on. 7. In the immediate neighborhood of; in contiguity or proximity to; near, as to place; by or on (one's person). 8. Over or upon different parts of; through or over in various directions; here and there in; to and fro in; throughout. 9. (Discuss() this sense) Near; not far from; -- determining approximately time, size, quantity. 10. Nearly; approximately; with close correspondence, in quality, manner, degree, etc.
1. Yes; certainly; expression indicating strong agreement. 2. Utterly, positively, wholly. 3. In an absolute, independent, or unconditional manner. 4. With absolution. 5. emphasis Some people say absolutely as an emphatic way of saying yes or of agreeing with someone. They say absolutely not as an emphatic way of saying no or of disagreeing with someone. `It's worrying, isn't it?' --- `Absolutely.'. 6. emphasis Absolutely means totally and completely. Jill is absolutely right I absolutely refuse to get married There is absolutely no difference!. 7. independently; without limits; without relation to anything else; unconditionally; definitely; completely. 8. completely and without qualification; used informally as intensifiers; "an absolutely magnificent painting"; "a perfectly idiotic idea"; "you're perfectly right"; "utterly miserable"; "you can be dead sure of my innocence"; "was dead tired";"dead right. 9. totally and definitely; without question; "we are absolutely opposed to the idea"; "he forced himself to lie absolutely still"; "iron is absolutely necessary". 10. In an absolute, independent, or unconditional manner; wholly; positively.
1. Expressions in general; speech. 2. Stress laid on certain syllables of a verse. 3. A regularly recurring stress upon the tone to mark the beginning, and, more feebly, the third part of the measure. 4. A special emphasis of a tone, even in the weaker part of the measure. 5. A word; a significant tone or sound. 6. A nonstandard way of pronouncing. 7. Figuratively, emphasis or importance in general. 8. A mark or character used in writing, in order to indicate the place of the spoken accent, or to indicate the nature or quality of the vowel marked. 9. Modulation of the voice in speaking; the manner of speaking or pronouncing; a peculiar or characteristic modification of the voice, expressing emotion; tone. 10. The rhythmical accent, which marks phrases and sections of a period.
1. Australian Capital Territory, a federal territory of Australia. 2. A certain standardized college admissions test in the United States, originally called the American College Test. 3. To convey an appearance of being. 4. To perform a theatrical role. 5. To behave in a certain way. 6. To play (a role). 7. To feign. 8. To do something. 9. To have an effect (on). 10. A display of behaviour.
1. An intended action or deed. 2. Pretending. 3. The deeds or actions of parties are called actings to avoid confusion with the legal senses of deeds and actions. 4. Temporarily assuming the duties or authority of another person when they are unable to do their job. 5. The occupation of an actor. 6. Present participle of act. 7. serving temporarily especially as a substitute; "the acting president". 8. General quality of acting in the episode, with the exception of Patrick McGoohan (No 6) The reasons for excluding McGoohan are pretty obvious; his acting quality throughout the series is fairly constant anyway Note that this category will generally depend heavily on the performance of No 2, as No 2 usually is by far the dominant role in the episode with the exception of No 6 In ``Fall Out,'' the ``President'' plays the role most analogous to No 2. 9. the performance of a part or role in a drama. 10. participle-present act.
1. sexual intercourse. 2. The distance separating the strings and the fretboard on the guitar. 3. : The set of moving mechanical parts in a keyboard instrument which transfer the motion of the key to the sound-making device. 4. A mechanism; a moving part or assembly. 5. Something done so as to accomplish a purpose. 6. A fast-paced activity. 7. Combat. 8. A way of motion or functioning. 9. To initiate a legal action against someone. 10. To act on a request etc, in order to put it into effect.
1. One who institutes a suit; plaintiff or complainant. 2. One who enacts a certain policy action. 3. An advocate or proctor in civil courts or causes. 4. The entity that performs a role (in use case analysis). 5. one who takes part in a situation. 6. a person who performs in a theatrical play or film. 7. one who acts; a doer. 8. one who acts, performer (in plays, films, etc.). 9. Critical success factor (CSF) Mapping. 10. unit of the evenemential level of the dialectic component, composed of a semic molecule to which roles are associated.
1. Genesius. 2. are the entities that you use to populate and change the behavior of your maps The actors can be anything from the Creatures inhabiting Unreal to Decorations, all the way down to Path Nodes and Portal Declarations. 3. plural of actor. 4. People, software or other devices that interface with a system See Use-case. 5. Actors are anything outside the system that interact with Use Cases. 6. Those people involved in all the different aspects of the planning, using, and protecting of a marine protected area. 7. People who stand between the audience and the set designer's art, blocking the view That's also the origin of the word "blocking", by the way Greg Quillinan, Florham Park Players, Morris Plains, NJ. 8. all those having an active involvement in the identification, preparation and/or implementation of a project As such 'actors' are a special type of stakeholder, although the terms are sometimes used interchangeably. 9. (defined by a set designer) People who stand between the audience and the set designer's art, blocking the view That's also the origin of the word "blocking," by the way. 10. Individuals or organizations that play a direct role in the conduct of world politics.
1. To give forth; to supply, yield, or produce as the natural result, fruit, or issue. 2. To give, grant, or confer, with a remoter reference to its being the natural result; to provide; to furnish. 3. To offer, provide, or supply, as in selling, granting, expending, with profit, or without loss or too great injury. 4. To incur, stand, or bear without serious detriment, as an act which might under other circumstances be injurious; -- with an auxiliary, as can, could, might, etc.; to be able or rich enough. 5. If you cannot afford something, you do not have enough money to pay for it. My parents can't even afford a new refrigerator We couldn't afford to buy a new rug. 6. If you can afford something, you have enough money to pay for it ("He cannot afford to buy this shirt "). 7. be the cause or source of; "He gave me a lot of trouble"; "Our meeting afforded much interesting information". 8. to have enough money to buy -- " how much you can afford for lunch " (211). 9. have the financial means to do something or buy something; "We can't afford to send our children to college"; "Can you afford this car?". 10. (can afford to): have enough money for, have enough energy.
1. in allusion to, in imitation of; following or referencing. 2. as a result of. 3. in spite of. 4. in pursuit of, seeking. 5. behind. 6. Behind; later in time; following. 7. subsequently to; following in time; later than. 8. Signifies that the action of the clause it starts takes place before the action of the other clause. 9. next in importance or rank. 10. Later; subsequent.